Snapchat is a well-known and popular social media. It has about hundreds of millions of members. Through Snapchat, you will be able to connect and contact your friends no matter wherever you are in the world. However, just like other apps, Snapchat sometimes experience some glitches which could be very frustrating.
In this article, we shall cover one issue that you would more likely to experience – black loading screen stuck on tap to load issue. To solve this issue, there are several methods which you could try.
How to load Snapchat black loading screen stuck on tap to load issue
Method 1 – Restart phone or Airplane mode
One of the most commonly used method in solving the black loading screen stuck on tap to load. This method is very straightforward and easy to do. All you need to do is give your device or phone a quick reboot. By rebooting your phone, you will be able to refresh your device and would clear cache background processes which could cause for your Snapchat app to function properly. Another possible method you could do is by putting your phone or device on Airplane mode for about 10 to 15 seconds.
Method 2 – Clear Snapchat app cache
For Android devices
- Go to settings
- Tap on apps and notifications
- Tap apps option
- Find Snapchat
- Tap on Storage and cache
- Tap clear cache
Through app settings
- Open your Snapchat app
- Tap on profile icon found on the top left portion of your screen
- Tap gear settings icon. This could be found at the top-right of your screen
- Tap clear cache under Account Actions
Method 3 – Update your Snapchat app
For Android devices
- Go to PlayStore
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon found on the top left part
- Tap on My apps and games
- Update Snapchat app
For iOS devices
- Tap on the profile icon on your App Store homepage
- Scroll down and look for apps that need updating
- Tap update beside Snapchat
Method 4 – Check your internet connection
One of the possible reasons as to why you could experience issues is that your device is not connected to a stable internet connection. Hence, it is highly recommended for you to check your internet connection.
Method 5 – Uninstall and reinstall Snapchat
If you have tried all the methods featured above, you could try to uninstall and reinstall your Snapchat app on your device.
Method 6 – Reset app preferences
- Go to your phone’s settings
- Tap on Apps and notifications
- Select Show all apps
- Tap on three vertical dots on the top right portion
- Select reset app preferences