Hogwarts Legacy is one of the most popular games all over the world. The reason behind this is due to its amazing visuals and interesting storyline plus engaging quests. One of the quests that players get hooked up is Sebastian Sallow. In this quest, you would come across In the Shadow of the Study where you would need to perform the quest and while you are performing the quest, you would learn the Unforgivable Curse, which Crucio choice in Hogwarts Legacy you should choose to unlock and lastly the benefits of learning vicious spell.
How to Learn the Cruciatus Curse
Cruciatus curse is one of the three unforgivable curses which could be cast on your enemies in Hogwarts Legacy. The good thing about this curse is that it does not have any consequences on you when you use it. Aside from the Cruciatus Curse, there are two more curses which you could learn – Imperio and Avada Kedavra.
As mentioned earlier, the first of the three unforgivable curses, Cruciatus curse could be found and learned in the Sebastian Sallow’s quest – ” In the Shadow of the Study.” In this quest, you will be given the choice to learn the Cruciatus Curse while performing the quest. If you make the correct choice, you would be able to learn the Torture spell of Crucio.
In The Shadow of the Study Quest
Once you have performed the first three quests in Sebastian Sallow’s quest line, you will be able to unlock the In the Shadow of the Study quest. Aside from the three quests that you would need to perform, you would also need to be at Level 16.
For you to be able to start your quest and unlock the Crucio curse is to follow the mentioned steps:
- Outside the Slytherin Common room, speak to Sebastian.
- He would talk to another quest’s companion, Ominis Gaunt, follow him when he does.
- You will have to talk to Ominis and once done, open the Slytherin’s door by firing up three braziers through the Confringo spell. You would find the Braziers in the two hallways right where you would find Slytherin’s door.
- Walk through the door and it will open up and clear the path to the next door. This would be possible by casting the Reparo spell.
- Talk to Ominis to open the next door.
- Match two symbols on the gate to the Slythering lock’s dial to open the gate.
- Look for the Slytherin lock and match the symbols.
- Talk to other characters and you would be given a choice to learn the Cruciatus curse (Crucio) and unlock the spell.
- Keep in mind that if you learn the Cruciatus Curse during in the shadow of the study, you would get up to +180XP.
For you to be able to unlock and learn the Cruciatus Curse, you would need to meet the following requirements:
- Reach Level 16
- Complete the main quest, The High Keep
- Complete In the Shadow of the Undercroft – Sebastian’s questline
- Complete In the Shadow of the State – Sebastian’s questline
- Start the In the Shadow of the Study quest
Who to Cast Crucio On
In the Shadow of the Study, opening a door could be challenging and the only way for you to open it is by performing a Cruciatus curse on someone. Once you talked to Sebastian, you would be given three options:
- Very well, I don’t want to learn the Cruciatus Curse
- I want to learn the Cruciatus Curse, but you must cast it on me.
- Teach me the Cruciatus Curse and I’ll cast it on you.
If you have chosen the first choice, I don’t want to learn the Cruciatus Curse, you would not be able to learn nor cast the curse. Though this is the case, you could still meet Sebastian in Undercroft in the latter part of the game. He could teach you any unforgivable curse you have missed during the quest.
Choosing the other two options should not worry you as if you cast the spell on Sebastian, it would not affect your friendship and if you cast it on yourself, it would not kill your character. Keep in mind, however, that the Cruciatus Curse could provide damage over time. In fact, it could decrease the character’s health. This means, it would be better to choose to cast the spell on Sebastian Sallow.
Why Should You Learn Crucio?
The Cruciatus Curse is a very powerful spell in the Wizarding World. It was, in fact, considered as illegal to cast it in Harry Potter universe. Do not worry as players could cast it freely once making the correct Crucio choice.
Aside from the curse being powerful, it could also damage over time and it could break the enemies’ shields. If you chose, I don’t want to learn the Cruciatus Curse, you won’t be able to learn it. However, with an update, you could still visit Sebastian in Undercroft and learn it if you decide to change your mind.
Another reason why you should learn the Cruciatus Curse if so that you could use it as your main Curse while you are creating your character’s build. In the latter part of the game, you will be able to use Talent Points in order to defeat your enemies. Lastly, the Cruciatus curse is used in the Dark Wizard type build.