Have you ever seen people wearing their AirPods upside down and have wondered why? Is it the new fad? or is it a new fashion statement? Through this article, we shall learn why people are wearing their AirPods upside down.
Wearing AirPods upside down believe it or not is not a new fashion statement but rather it is actually for a specific reason. Do not worry even if you wear your earbuds, you would still hear the music perfectly.
Wearing AirPods upside down according to users increases feeling of comfortability. To ensure this, you will have to wear the left AirPod in your right ear and your right AirPod in your left ear. Moreover, both or your earbuds must be worn in the fossa of your ear which is part of the ear that is a little bit on the inside so that they will not fall our easily from your ear.
Benefits of Wearing AirPods Upside Down
Do not be afraid of wearing your AirPods upside down, it will not make you look weird as it is starting to be a trend. Since there are quite a lot who experience struggling with wobbly earbuds and has a high risk of loosing their expensive high quality wireless earbuds, we shall provide you ways on how to prevent this. In fact, wearing your AirPods upside down would give you a lot of practical benefits in this regard. Here are some of them.
- It prevents your earbuds from falling out. This would help you find a better fit which would also allow you to do more activities while wearing your AirPods. This would lessen your worry of your earbuds falling on the ground.
- Provides more comfortability for you to be able to wear for long periods of time.
- Provides better overall sound quality. Since the fit would be better and tighter, the overall noise cancelling effect would definitely improve. This would also allow you to hear the music better.
- You will look fancy. Some people would even see this as a power move.
No, The Music Won’t Be Upside Down
Did you know that music is actually processed inside the brain? The sounds that your ears hear would transform the sound waves and will travel towards your brain to process. Do not worry about your music traveling from an upside down AirPod as no matter how music enters your ear, it will still be processed exactly the same way by your ear and your brain. Isn’t that amazing? For sure even if your device is upside down, the lyrics would definitely not enter your ears and brain in an upside manner.
How To Wear AirPods Properly?
Keep in mind that different cases, different AirPod wearing styles shall apply which is also true for original Apple buds. Here are some ways on how to wear AirPods properly for optimal and amazing user experience.
- Best sound – Wear your AirPods upside down. Left earbud to your right ear and right earbud to your left ear.
- High alert – loosely hang your AirPods in your ear in a normal position
- Noise canceling – slightly push your AirPods into your ear canal
- Reduced bass – wear your earbuds in a reverse manner into your ears. This means the speaker facing backward
- Reduced pain – alternate pods in each ear back and forth
It does not hurt to try new things with your AirPods. Try wearing your AirPods upside down and you would definitely have a great and comfortable listening experience. Keep in mind, just do not wear your wireless earbuds in the bathroom!