Are you enjoying and playing on your console, PS4/PS5 and then suddenly your controller changed its light color into pink. If this happens to your console, unfortunately this could be an issue. To learn more, read further as we shall provide you useful information which you could use as a guide on how to fix/change the color of your controller.
PS4 DualShock controller could display different colors which would show which player could control it. Pink color often times is used for Player 4. However, if your controller suddenly turns pink randomly, this could cause an issue, but, do not worry as you could alter this and change the color.
Why Do PS4 and PS4 Controllers Turn Pink?
Since there are many people who love and like to play games with friends on PS 4 and PS 5, Sony has made it simpler for players to be able to determine which controller they would need to use. Hence, instead of assigning players by numbers 1,2,3 and 4, your DualShock controllers would light up in different colors for players to see.
- Blue light is assigned to Player 1
- Red light is assigned to Player 2
- Green light is assigned to Player 3
- Pink light is assigned to Player 4
Hence, if your controller would light up in pink, player 4 would get connected to your system.
Can You Change the Color Bar of PS4 and PS5 Controller?
If you do not want your controllers to show the color light, do not worry as you could change this setting, all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Hold the PS button on the controller
- Select Switch User from the pop-up menu
- Ensure that there are 4 users to select from
- Select the color you would want for player 1, 2,3 or 4
Can You Dim the PS4 and PS5 Controller Light?
- Access PlayStation Settings
- Go to devices-controllers
- Adjust brightness level of DualShock 4 Light Bar
Do Games Make PS4 and PS5 Controller Light Pink?
Here are some of the popular games on PS4 and what colors they use or showcase:
- Grand Theft Auto 5 – red and blue colors when being chased by police
- Tomb Raider – red and orange colors when Lara Craft uses a torch
- Destiny – red light when player has low health. White light when player uses flashlight
- Infamous – blue and red lights depending on the karma of the player