Whenever you take a photo on your smartphone, your picture could be either in a landscape format or portrait format mode. However, there are times when you would like to make a photo square which aims to resize and crop your picture through the use of a photo editing tool. Unfortunately, there are times and instances when you resize a picture, the picture gets distorted. To solve this issue, you will need to resize your image. To do this, follow the steps provided below.
Make Photo Square Without Cropping
Option 1 – One-Click Option
One-Click app has the ability to change a rectangular photo into a square photo without having to crop it. This app is highly recommended and is the best option for making your photo transform into square photo without having to crop it. What is more cool about this option is that it has removed its watermark even for its free version.
Just drag and drop your photo or video on this link https://www.kapwing.com/resize-video. This will start processing your photo and it will automatically include a white padding making your photo into a square. Through this app, you will also be able to apply different ratios – 4:5, 5:4 and 16:9. Another feature that this app has is it could modify your image by aligning it. All you need to do is move your image to the left or right, up or bottom. Once you are good with the changes that you have made, just click on export image button found on the right top side of the page.
Next download your image found on the left side portion. We suggest that you download your image in jpeg version. Then, sign in into the app through either your Google or Facebook account. This will remove the watermark of your image. Click export and now you are ready to download your square photo with white padding.
Option 2 – Pixlr
If you wish to do a little customization, Pixlr is the best option for you. It has basic editing tools which could enhance and modify your photo. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Go to Pixlr site https://pixlr.com/m/
- Select Open Image from Computer
- Go to the folder where you have stored your photo
- Click open. This will open your photo on the Pixlr editor
- Click properties found on the top left corner
- Click canvas size
- Enter the same value for the height and width
- If your photo is in a landscape mode, change your photo’s height and match it with the width.
- Click apply button
- Turn the toggle on beside the background option found on the left side.
- Click save button found at the bottom bar
- Save it in jpeg format
- Leave the quality setting at default
- Click download
- Click save
Option 3 – Mac App
If you have uploaded a lot of pictures on your laptop, it is more recommended for you to use an app. We suggest Polarr Photo Editor. This app is available on macOS app store.
- Download Polarr Photo Editor
- Open the app
- Import your picture
- Click adjustments tab found at the right side of the screen
- Click boarder
- On the custom menu, select aspect ratio and border color
- Click save
Option 4 – Windows App
A recommended app for Windows is Square Size No Crop Photo Maker. Through this app, you will be able to convert your photo into a square sized photo.
- Download the app
- Open the app
- Click Gallery
- Select a photo you wish to convert into square size
- Select solid or blur background
- Select multiple editing options such as stickers, effects, etc.
- Click download icon on the top right
- Switch to full screen if you do not see the download button
That concludes our guide on how to transform your photo into square format without having to crop. We hope that through the four methods that we have featured and shared in this article, you have learned a lot.