Have you ever experienced having your PS4 turning on by itself? Do not worry, you are not alone. There are numerous reasons as to why this issue occurs. Though that is the case, do not fret as there are different ways and methods to fix this issue. Through this article, we shall provide you guidelines on how to solve and fix this issue on your PS4.
Reasons why PS4 turns itself on?
There are numerous reasons as to why this issue could occur. One reason could be that you have a software bug or another reason is that the rubber foot under your eject button alters the function of your PS4 or that automatic updates and another possibility is that you leave your PS4 on rest mode.
How to fix PS4 turns on by itself issue?
Method 1 – Turn off auto updates
- Go to your home screen
- Go to Settings
- Select system
- Select automatic downloads
- Uncheck box next to the system software update files
Method 2 – Check for PS4 Firmware updates
- Select settings
- Select Network
- Select Test Internet Connection
- Check the firmware updates by selecting the settings icon
- Select System Software update by using X button
- You will find the latest version you have installed and the latest available update
Method 3 – Rebuild database
- Select power from the function screen
- Select turn off PS4.
- Press and hold power button of your PS4 until you hear a second beep
- Connect your DS4 controller to your PS4 with a USB cable
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller
- Select rebuild database by using the X button
- Wait until PS4 turns on automatically.
Method 4 – Power cycle and reset PS4
- Press power button on PS4 for two to three times
- Reconnect power cable after five minutes
- Hold PS4 power button until you hear the second beep
- Connect DS4 controller to your PS4 with the use of a USB cable
- Use X button to initialize PS4
If none of the methods above did not work, you could try the following:
- Turn off your PS4 properly
- Check the buttons of your controller and your PS4. Your controller could be dirty which may cause for the buttons to be constantly pressed.