A lot of people own iPhone. However, just like other smartphones, there are some instances where your iPhone device could run slower than it usually was. There are numerous reasons as to why this issue could happen and one of them is due to cache. Hence, in this article, we shall provide a guide on how to clear app cache on your iPhone or iPad. This way you will be able to clean all the junk and memory clogging files which would free up more space.
What Is App Cache and Why You Need Your iPhone Clear App Cache?
There are times when you would use an app on your iPhone or iPad, your user experience could decline as your device could become slower than the usual. The reason behind this is because your device usually collects information and it would store the information in a reserved space which is known and called as Cache.
The stored information in the cache could easily be retrieved quickly and could be used for future use. An example of this is your Safari would use cache to store information about the sites that you would visit and when you would browse again, it would be faster for you to revisit the site and have a better browsing experience.
Cache, in fact, is very crucial in making the site faster. Though that is the case, cache files could eat up a lot of your device’s storage which in time could reduce the speed and efficiency of your device. Keep in mind that aside from cache browsing data are not the only files that could take up your phone’s storage space but also scripts, images and other media files which the apps usually and automatically generated. Moreover, if you have continuously increase of number of installed apps and number of times you use the apps could accumulate more cache files which could result to the use of more storage space of your phone. With this, a lot of users would regularly delete cookies, junk files and clear cache files. These are just a few amazing ways for you to clean and free up more space on your iPhone. Aside from that, it could also boost the speed of your device. It could also sometimes address battery life.
How to Clear Cache on iPhone?
How to Clear Cache on iPhone in Safari Browser?
- Go to Settings
- Tap on the Safari app tab
- Scroll the new screen showing settings for safari
- Tap Clear History and Web Data option
- This would clear cache on your iPhone. This will also remove history, cookies and other browsing data in Safari.
IPhone Clear App Cache Without Deleting App
- Go to Settings
- Select General
- Select Storage and iCloud usage
- Tap Manage Storage
- In the list of apps and memory, select the app which takes up a lot of Space
- Look at the entry for Documents and Data. If there is an app that takes up more than 500MB could be worth deleting
- Tap delete app
- Go to App Store and reinstall it.
How to Clear Cache on iPhone by Restarting Your Device
- Hold down Sleep/Wake button. This is the button found on the top right it could also be the top of your device. Hold it down until the slide to power off message appears.
- Swipe the power off slider.
- Once it is fully turned off, press and hold the button again until it turns on your iPhone.
How to Clear Cache on iPhone by Using Third Party App
- Through the use of a USB cable connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC
- Open PhoneClean
- Click Scan
- Click Clean
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I clear my app cache on Android phone?
- Go to Settings
- Select Storage
- Tap internal storage under device storage
- Tap cached data
- Tap ok
Will clearing cache delete pictures?
No, do not worry as it will not clear the cache of your camera app which means it will not delete your photos.
We hope that through this article, you were able to gather useful information which could help you understand more and guide you in how to clear cache on your iPhone device.