Twitter has a feature that lets its users pin their tweets to the top of their profile page. To do this, all you need to do is choose one of your tweets you would like to pin and click the arrow icon found on top right of your tweet then, click Pin to profile and you are good to go. Once done, your pinned tweet will be the first thing that your visitors will see on your twitter profile.
However, not everyone would like to pin their own tweets all the time. Some would like to pin someone else’s tweet or meme instead. Unfortunately, Twitter does not have this feature. Hence, a lot of individuals use different tricks such as retweeting with a comment to pin the tweet. Though this could work, there is a better way for you to be able to pin directly the tweets of others to your profile. To do this, all you need to do is follow the steps below.
Pin Someone Else Tweet to Your Profile
The process of pinning someone else’s tweet is very easy. Take note however, that the process which will be featured in this article works on both Phone and Desktop devices. All you need to do is the following:
- Go to Twitter tool website, Twtools https://twtools.eu
- Click Allow access to provide permission to Twtools to pin the tweet on your profile.
- Once done, click authorize app
- Copy the link from omnibar if you are using a desktop and If you are using your phone, however, all you need to do is find a tweet you would like to pin
- Tap the arrow icon found on top-right corner of the tweet. (if you are an iOS user skip this step).
- If you are an iOS user, tap share Tweet via- (If you are an Android user, skip this step.)
- You will see a pop-up box
- Tap copy link to Tweet. This will copy the tweet’s URL to your device clipboard.
- Ensure you have not retweeted that tweet as it will block Twtools from pinning this tweet.
- Paste the tweet link on your Twtools
- Click Pin this tweet and you are good to go!
Pinned tweets could be removed anytime. All you need to do is:
- Click retweet option
- Select undo retweet
These steps will remove the retweet and pinned tweet.
Twtools is a highly secured tool. It is reliable and efficient as well. However, it is wise to revoke its access this way you will be more secured. All you need to do is:
- Open your twitter on the web
- Click more option found on the sidebar
- Select Settings and privacy
- Click apps and sessions found on the right side of the screen
- Click Twtools
- Select revoke access button. This will stop the app from being able to access your profile. Take note that revoking access will not disable to remove your pinned tweet.
Pinning tweets are only allowed once per day. You will need to wait 24 hours for you to be able to pin another tweet.
That concludes our guide on how to pin the tweet of others on your profile page. We hope this article has helped you make your profile more interesting by pinning tweets on it. So what are you waiting for? Pin your favorite tweet now!