In Dead Space Remake, one of the most exciting part is being able to get a wide range of weapons. This includes the line gun which is considered as one of the most powerful weapons. Having the line gun would definitely help you progress faster and easier through the whole game. In this article, we shall provide you useful information about line gun of Dead Space Remake.
What is The Line Gun
Line gun is a very important weapon found in Dead Space Remake. It is considered by many as the most useful gun which works well when used against Necromorphs.
The Line gun comes with a cool look with its slicer. It has the ability to release a powerful beam which could cut through anything that is fired on. If you are looking for an effective weapon against your enemies particularly the necromorphs, then, the line gun is your best bet. In a single hit, its beam would definitely cut through any necromorph. This weapon could be used both long range and short range with two fire modes – Pulse mode for short range and force mode for long range.
Overview of the Dead Space Remake Line Gun
- Ammo: Line racks
- Ammo cost: 2100 credits for stack of 3 line racks
- Base damage: 150 pts
- Max slots: 24
- Base capacity: 5.0
- Base projectile speed: 50 m/sec
- Base reload time: 2.5 seconds
- Base projectile speed: 50m/sec
- Base rate of fire: 50 rpm
Where to Find the Line Gun
In other versions of the game, the line gun could be purchased from the store. This is no longer the case with Dead Space Remake as there is only one way to obtain the mentioned weapon and it is by finding it in the game. The downside of this is that it could be difficult to find it. Do not worry. Just read further and learn how to find the line gun.
You will have two opportunities to be able to obtain the line gun and that is through the Chapter 4: Obliteration Imminent and through Chapter 5: Lethal Devotion.
Chapter 4: Obliteration Imminent
- You will have to complete ” Lift the Lockdown
- Go to the ER Hallway A through the Emergency Room
- Go to your right until you find Level 2 Security Clearance door
- Enter the room and you would find the line gun on the floor
Chapter 5: Lethal Devotion
- During Lift the Lockdown, you will come across Hunter
- Fight and beat Hunter
- Go to the ER Hallway A from the emergency room
- Go to your right until you see Level 2 Security Clearance door
- Unlock the emergency equipment storage room
Line Gun Upgrades and Where To Find Them
- Ionized Capacitor: increases Laser Trap damage. Could be unlocked in Chapter 5 after you are able to get the line gun. You could purchase it for 11,500 credits from the store.
- Precision Lasers: Laser traps would have three targeting lasers instead of one. It could be found in a crate. You would need Master Override to unlock in Hydroponics Hallway.
- Photon Energizer: it increases the Laser Trap damage. It could be seen in a crate located in the Lab Storage between Chemical and Cryogenics Room.